Starting from the 2020/2023 academic year, the " Chinese University Program " of the Chinese Government Scholarship will select international students with excellent academic background, professional ability and future development potential based on the principle of "individual application, institution recommendation, expert evaluation and selection".
Full scholarship: Tuition fee, accommodation on campus, Living allowance, Medical Insurance
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health both mentally and physically.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must:
be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3. Requirements of Language (Compulsory)
Chinese-Taught Programs: HSK4 (or above level).
English- Taught Programs (for applicants from Non-English-Speaking Countries): IELTS 6 / TOEFL 80 / Official English Proficiency Certificate
March 31, 2022
1. Online submission should be completed in USTB application system before March 31st.
Select "Chinese Government Scholarship", no need to upload the scholarship application form.
2. Students who accepted by USTB shall complete the application through CSC system after receiving the pre-admission notice from the university.
Select category Type B and organization code 10008 in the system. (www.campuschina.org)
1. Home page of valid ordinary passport.
2. Notarized certificates of bachelor and master in Chinese or English. Graduating students or applicants employed should provide the certificate of pre-graduation or employment.
3. Academic transcripts.
4. Language proficiency letter.
Chinese-taught program: HSK transcript.
English-taught program: IELTS or TOFEL or other official English proficiency letter.
5. Study Plan. 1000 words or above for the master’s programs, 1500 words or above for the doctoral programs.
6. Recommendation Letters. Two letters from professors or associate professors in Chinese or English.
7. Foreigner Physical Examination Form
8. None Criminal Record Report, which is issued within 6 months prior to the submission date.
9. Letter of financial guarantee
10. Applicants for arts programs must submit 6 of their own works at least.
11. Acceptance Letter from a USTB supervisor. (Optional)
12. Table of contents and abstracts of your academic publications and any other original achievement in your field. (Optional)